Sunday, July 4, 2021

 HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!


It's the 4th, folks! Last night, our church had a bonfire/worship/sermon where my dance team and I performed a dance to I thank God by Maverick City Music x Upperoom. We also performed that dance at a wedding anniversary party right before that. So that was really fun! Today, we are going to watch the parade, check out some booths, have a picnic bbq, and have a ton of fun. On Wednesday I had checked the weather (because both of our dances were done outside) and Saturday and Sunday had a high chance of rain and were surrounded by 80% chances of rain on both Friday and Monday. BUT, Saturday was cloudy, but it didn't rain, and Sunday is amazing! It's sunny, warm, and it's going to get so hot outside because there's no clouds in the sky. 

Moving on... Our little Spike is doing quite well. We are a little concerned because he is not keeping his weight so well. If any of you don't know...he usually weighs 0.135 so he's not even half a pound! But lately, he'll drop to.120 then after feeding he'll be anywhere from .135 and .145. So, we added a little more whipping cream so he'll get more weight. Guys, this little bunny is SO GOOD with his bottle! It's awesome! We've been having to take him with us more often because he's not eating every four hours anymore, he's eating every two-ish hours. We like to get him outside for an hour or two every day, and, believe it or not, he has started eating clover. He also eats grass, and a little alfalfa hay. But he loves his clover. 

So, I made a chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream for my parents' anniversary a while back. It was a family recipe. And it was so easy, so delicious, so moist and flavorful that I decided to make it again for the 4th of July picnic bbq. So, I doubled the batch and made 32 cupcakes and an 8x8 of cake. I am going to frost the cupcakes red, white, and blue and arrange them so they look like a flag. I might post a picture of those. BUT, I can't tell you the recipe because it's a secret. 😏😜

Thanks for reading this delightfully boring and only slightly informative, long post (if you did;-) And I just want to apologize for the sporadic posting that I have been doing. Sometimes, it's because of lack of exciting news, sometimes it is because I am busy, and sometimes (if I'm being honest) it's because I don't want to, or feel like it. ANYWAY, thanks again! Enjoy the 4th's festivities! 

2 comments:

  1. Well, I enjoy reading your blog! It's fun to learn what you are doing. Did anyone video your latest dance? Was it hard to dance outside? - glad the weather cooperated :)
    Glad little Spike is liking clover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom videoed both performances! I'll have dad send them to you! It was not hard to dance outside; we danced barefoot for the first one b/c it was grassy but for the second one we wore sneakers. It was really great to do it outside because our dance flags were waving in the wind etc.

      Delete