Wednesday, January 26, 2022

How to End Your Days Off Well

 (and consequently start the next day off great, too) 

Evenings are IMPORTANT. So, it's a *perfect* time to put in place a relaxing, peaceful, de-stressful evening routine. 


We go to bed around 8:45 and I usually go to sleep around 9:15. But I treat my evenings/night routine as a high priority, time sensitive, wind down time. 

So...let's get into my evening routine. 

7:15 I brush my teeth and put in my retainers and wash my face. 

7:30 I clean the house and take care of all my stuff.

around 8:00 we gather for family devotions and prayer time

around 8:45 we head up to bed, I get into pajamas, turn on my string lights and light my candle. I also put a song on repeat called A Million Little Miracles by Elevation Worship and Maverick City Music, or William Augusto's Soaking In His Presence album. It's really peaceful and helps me wind down. 

8:50 I either read, write, or journal, do a devotional page, and cuddle with the cat. 

9:08 I put everything away and head to bed, start my audiobook (usually Wayside Stories by Louis Sachar :) 

9:15 I am usually asleep by now! 


Thanks for reading and I hope this is helpful! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment