Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Delicious Yellow Cupcake Recipe

 [guys! it's 2.22.22! how cool is that!] 

Anyway, to the post! These cupcakes are soft, moist, nicely sweetened, have a tender crumb and are easy to make! What's not to love!  

   Today I'm sharing a vanilla cupcake recipe with you. This is the only cupcake recipe I use anymore and they are really easy and fairly quick. I found this recipe in March 2019 ( I think?) and loved it! I get most of my recipes off of Sally's Baking Addiction because-well-they're all amazing. click here for the recipe!

     So, this kind of going into my life lately post, but I have been asked to make cupcakes for a baby shower and a bridal shower, and another bridal shower, and possibly something this summer. Since I've been thinking about starting a cupcake "business" I knew these would be great opportunities. (not to brag, but I'm known for my cupcakes 😉)  So, just to get the feel of using my own ingredients, I bought some flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, sprinkles, and butter. 

    So, I made 2 dozen cupcakes for the bridal shower and decorated them with the color theme (a shade of pink, shade of green, and white) with some white pearls. They were pretty nice-looking. I might post pictures...But of course we were out of piping bags, and apparently Ziploc bags have become very poorly made, so there was a "big buttercream dilemma." 

    I also reduced the butter amount in the second batch (I made 2 dozen, separately) and they turned out really well and I thought they tasted great! 


Here is the recipe: 

2 eggs room temp

2 1/4 cups all purpose flour

2 1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

3/4 cups butter softened to room temp (I reduced to 1/2, both turned out great)  

1 3/4 cups sugar (I also reduced this by a bit.) 

3 tsp vanilla extract

1 cup whole milk room temp 


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 12 count muffin pan with cupcake liners (this makes 16-18, by the way, so...)

With a handheld or stand mixer with a whisk attachment beat the two egg whites (keep the yolks, folks) on high speed until soft peaks form, about 2-3 minutes. You don't want liquid in the bottom of the bowl :) 

Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl, whisk together and set aside. 

Using a handheld or stand mixer with a paddle attachment beat the butter on high until soft and creamy. Add the sugar and beat on high for 2-3 minutes, or until creamed together well. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula. Add the two egg yolks and vanilla, beating on medium-high, scrape again! On a low speed add the dry mix and the milk in three additions, beginning and ending with the dry, until just incorporated. Do not over mix! Fold in the fluffy egg whites. The batter will be smooth, velvety, and a slightly thick. 

Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, filling about halfway full (they rise really nicely). Bake for 18-21 minutes (mine usually take 21 minutes). You will know when they're done when you lightly press the surface and they spring back, if the edges are brown, or when a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack, if you're fancy, or a counter, if you're like me. 

You can store these in an airtight container in the freezer (unfrosted) for 2-3 months! Or store them in an airtight container stored at room temp or in the refrigerator three days in advance. Or, leave them covered at room temp. a day in advance. Their only flaw is they dry out fairly quickly! 

So there is the recipe, I hope you enjoy! If you make these let me know! Also, I will post my few favorite frosting/buttercream recipes! See you later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment