Friday, February 10, 2023

Study Tips for School

Here are 5 study tips. 

1. Work in a study-conducive environment...whether that be at the kitchen table, a desk in your bedroom, or whatever. I need to have a surface (e.g table) to work at. 

2. Surround yourself with what you need. Probably one of the most annoying things is having to get up to grab this and that, and oh, I forgot a pencil...so on and so forth. Before I start math, I grab everything I need (textbook, notebook, CD binder, disk drive, computer, and answer key) along with my earbuds, pencil case, and a glass of water or cup of tea. 

3. Cut out Distractions. I struggle with background noise, so I always have instrumental music in my earbuds when I'm doing school. It helps me focus. I put my phone on silent and put it on Focus. This helps so much. If getting on your phone is really tempting for you, maybe just put it away. 

4. Take Breaks. I think breaks are completely underrated. Work for 45 mins, take a 15 min break (or whatever time block you want!) Devote your break time to something productive. Go for a quick walk, get a snack, or read a chapter of a book. Your brain needs a break, and it makes you work so much more efficiently. 

5. Plan. I don't know where I'd be if I didn't have my planner. It literally is so helpful and so handy. After every school day, I assess where I'm at. If I wasn't able to finish a chapter of Economics, I'll move it to the next day or the weekend. If there are things I did not do during the school week, the weekend is where I finish it all. Nothing should transfer to the next week. 

That's all for now! I hope you found these helpful! 

1 comment:

  1. I found this amazingly helpful - for everything I'm involved in (which right now is 3 Bible studies and keeping up with financial records) THANKS!

    ReplyDelete