Thursday, April 6, 2023

Life Lately

Life Lately | March 

What a month March was. 

We started off strong with National Ocean Science Bowl from March 3rd-5th. That was such a great experience. I went into it so nervous but came out so happy that I had done it. My team (The Mystic Mysiceti) did great and if we had done the research paper and presentation (half of the teams opted out because it was more short notice) we would have won third place overall. For the six teams that didn't do a paper and presentation we were second place because we lost our last round by ONE POINT. It was pretty crazy! Anyway, it was so awesome and I got three new hoodies out of it so... 

I've just been really busy with school (second semester, right?) but have made a lot of great memories with friends! I've gotten mostly back on track with science, we're writing a short story in writing class, in Shakespeare class we have to perform a scene in a class play...I definitely am excited to be over with school! 

The weather has been so much nicer lately. It has snowed but not a lot, the days are getting so much longer, the sun is shining, and the weather is mostly warmer. That also means I've been driving more now that the roads are mostly dry! 

For goals: I've been much better about journaling thank goodness! Blogging has been good, I've caught up with the Bible Recap Chronological reading plan (37 days!) and that has been great. There's no way we can access our round pen right now with all the snow, so I haven't been able to work with the horses a whole lot, though I did a bit in the driveway. I have been so good about drinking water (usually six glasses a day) and exercising (usually 5 times a week). 

What have I been cooking? On Tuesdays I am in charge of dinner and I have been making chicken (either barbecue or olive oil and thyme in the air fryer) with potatoes cut really thinly and baked in the oven with salt and dill, alongside steamed broccoli. It's really good. 

What have I been baking? I made vegan cinnamon rolls. I also made Vegan Irish soda bread for St Patrick's day but didn't get a picture!! It turned out really yummy though. 

What have I been drinking? Decaf coffee. I am so so loving my decaf coffee, and although it doesn't have the energy giving benefits of caffeine, that means I can have a hot cup of coffee for afternoon snack. So, yeah. I've been making more iced coffees, but nothing can beat a plain black coffee. 

What have I been watching? Finishing All Creatures Great and Small! So good! 

Thanks for reading and sorry this is late! 


No comments:

Post a Comment