Friday, August 25, 2023

Thoughts from the Coffee Shop

I'm sitting in a bustling coffee shop, overlooking the bay and working on my English class discussion. The disjointed conversations around me, the hiss of the espresso machine and the clink of silverware on plates provides a soundtrack for me as I drink my decaf macadamia nut latte. So far, several interesting things have happened. 

A lady has fallen backwards out of her chair...several kind gentleman came over to help her and she pushed them away, embarrassingly and loudly proclaiming that she's fine. 

A small family (they look like tourists) came in with a whole bunch of bananas. They sit at a table and eat their bananas. 

Another man comes down from the loft and he is also eating a banana. 

Yet another lady throws away her banana peel. The coffee shop does not sell bananas. 

The lady in front of me buys $130 dollars worth of coffee, pastries, and a bracelet. 

A couple sitting close to me are arguing about how to say Cuba. The man insists a coo-ba, his wife laughs and says cue-ba. 

There's a lot more even. 

No comments:

Post a Comment