Tuesday, June 29, 2021

 CUTIE pt. 2 


Who new I'd have to do a part two. I am so, so sad. Last night we spent a long time making a nest near where we had seen the snowshoe hares go into. At around 10 I looked out my window because the owners of the bnb next to us were dropping the key off for the new family staying there. When she drove out of the driveway, Spike hopped after her for a little. So, Jacob and I went and remade the nest, closer to the garden, the hares had been seen there too, and put Spike there. In the morning, I went to see if the nest was empty, like the mom had come back for him. It was empty, and I was so happy! I went to pet the dogs and who was cuddled up with Aspen on the dog bed? Spike. WHAT IN THE WORLD? So we brought him inside because he was starving-licking our fingers and it had been a whole day. We fed him with heavy whipping cream, because rabbit milk is so much richer. He ate a lot and was so darling, putting his mouth around the repurposed stevia syringe. When he was full we brought out the tiny cage that the baby bird Percy had used. If anyone doesn't know about Percival Timothy Milligan, he was a baby swallow that had fallen out of his nest (above our door) many times and we had carefully put him back with gloves. Then all the swallows left, and left Percy because he had a ruined wing. He lasted one day, and was such a sweetie. Anyway, we put grass and a little straw in the little cage. I will post his full name, maybe will be changed, (he just looked like a little porcupine with his spikey hair) but we don't know yet. The family is putting in their votes! I feel so bad for this baby because he can't be wild and free, like a regular snowshoe hare. He's also going to grow up and get giant so... If you would like to suggest a name please post it in the comments! Pray for our little bunny guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment