Friday, June 18, 2021

 Delicious Kabob Recipe


One of the most delicious, summery dinners out there, for sure! I love making these because they're so easy. I have the recipe down pat, and they only take 20-30 minutes (depending on your skill level;-) All you have to do is make meatballs, prebake them, wash mini bell peppers, and drain a can of pineapple chunks. You stick them on a presoaked wooden skewer and put them on the grill. Easy, right! Although the meatball recipe is pretty-for lack of a better word-vague, I know you can figure it out. Or find another meatball recipe! Ha! READ THROUGH RECIPE AND PREPARATION COMPLETELY!!! because if you don't...... I actually don't know what would happen but I am fairly sure it wouldn't be good

MEATBALLS:
2 lbs ground beef
2 whole eggs
A good squirt of ketchup-a tbsp maybe?
Generous sprinkle of Italian Seasoning-1 1/2 tsp? 
Generous sprinkle of salt-1 tsp?
Generous sprinkle of pepper-1 tsp? 
Generous sprinkle of breadcrumbs-1/4 cup?

Start soaking your wooden skewers in a 9x13 pan filled with cool water. This will prevent your skewers from burning and/or cracking. I like to start this 2-3 hrs earlier. 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 
Mix ground beef and eggs with your hands till thoroughly combined. 
Add in all the other ingredients and mix well. 
Roll about 1 tbsp between your palms to make into a ball. Size depends. 
Place on a greased or parchment papered (or both) pan. I used our stones. 
Bake for 10-12 minutes. 
Prepare peppers. You can use either chunks of a regular sized or a mini bell pepper. Wash well and then cut off the top and empty out the seeds and stuff. 
Prepare pineapple. Drain the juice from can and...yeah that's it. 
Alternate meatball, pineapple, pepper on the skewer. Make sure everything is secure and attached. Place carefully on preheated grill. The time all depends on your grill. Watch the pineapple and peppers carefully. Once they get dark turn and repeat! Enjoy! 

Yeah, good luck trying to figure this out! I have no idea what the exact measurements are. If you smell it, it should smell right. No idea what that means either. But it's been a great judge for me. The breadcrumbs are the binding factor for your meatballs. The meatballs should hold together in your hand when you roll them, not fall apart, even the slightest bit.

I really feel like I should sincerely apologize for this post guys. But I won't, because, life is too short too regret vague recipes. Right? Yeah-I should just finish this up now. Have fun with this one! Bye! 



1 comment: