Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Recipe Testing: Chocolate Mug Cake

 Hey, guys! Welcome back to another recipe testing. I found this mug cake recipe from Pinterest, so I tested it out the other day...with surprising results :) I usually love, love, love mug cakes because of how easy, quick, and delicious they are. Yesterday, I was like "it would be fun to do another recipe testing since I haven't done one in a long time." Needless to say, I decided on mug cakes, so I made 2 mug cakes (different kinds). I'd made the chocolate one once before in September (without great results), but the vanilla one was brand new to me. I'm usually a chocolate person, but I didn't like this one!! The vanilla one was great, especially since my little sister put some tangerine sugar sprinkle thingies in it, and I really enjoyed it! How do you feel about mug cakes? Let me know in the comments below! If you haven't tried one yet, definitely make one. So without further ado...the chocolate mug cake, folks! 

What you will need: 

    a mug...

    a tbsp measure

    a tsp measure 

    a spoon for stirring and for eating


   Ingredients: 

        2 Tbsps flour

       1 Tbsp sugar

       1 Tbsp cocoa powder

       1/4 tsp baking powder

        (salt was not included in the Pinterest recipe, so I didn't add it, for means of authenticity) 

       1 Tbsp oil

       3 Tbsp milk

       (vanilla extract was not included in the Pinterest recipe either...) 

        a few chocolate chips


   Preparation: 

    mix dry ingredients and thoroughly combine. 

    add the liquid ingredients one at a time, and mix, making sure there are no pockets of flour.

    sprinkle in the chocolate chips, and cover with batter. 

    place in the microwave for 1 minute. Enjoy! 


All in all, I honestly did not actually enjoy this mug cake. I'd say a 3/5. It was a good consistency; not too dense, moist. But the flavor seemed lacking a bit. My taste buds have been a really off since a gum biopsy I had a couple months ago, so that may have been it, but who knows. Anyway, that's that, and I hope you enjoyed this post. 






    

No comments:

Post a Comment