Tuesday, September 13, 2022

A Simple Guide to Character-Building pt.1 [The Writer's Segment]

 Welcome back to the writer's segment! 

    I love building the character's of my book. After many not great attempts at creating my characters (they were unorganized, messy, vague etc) I figured out a system! Well, actually I do it two different ways depending on the character I'm writing. 

    my first way is to use five different categories. This can be very detailed if you want. This is the format I use and some short examples: 

            Character Name: Adeline Noell

               Physical Attributes: wispy light blonde hair...

               Personality: quiet and calm, but her mind is constantly working through inventions

              Quirks: she cracks her knuckles, chews her bottom lip when worried

                Other: she wants to be a inventor but her family doesn't approve

               Changes During the Story: realizes that she is stronger than she thinks, self confidence


Those are just brief examples, obviously, but you can add a lot of detail in this format. 

I'll share the next format soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment