Thursday, September 1, 2022

Life Lately

Life Lately | July-August  

What an absolutely crazy two months! 

But also, how wonderful! 

On July 15th my aunt had her twins and it was so amazing. For the past five weeks or so, I've been going over to their house after work on Tuesday evening and staying to help out while my uncle was working across the inlet, till Saturday or Sunday afternoons. It was really tiring but really good! 

I ended work on August 30th. I can't believe it! It was my first 'actual' job-cleaning with your mom doesn't really count. And it was a good work season! I learned so so much and really enjoyed it in the end. 

The rain has been incessant all through August! We've got a couple nice days but, along with all the tourists, I've been remembering how this is my second least favorite month!

The horses. Yes, we've gotten another! His name is Zebedee meaning 'gift of God' (he was an actual gift!!) and he is an Icleandic gelding. He is 12-13 hands high which is so fun. He came to us with not great manners (he's very pushy and verrrry food oriented) but he's funny and spunky and we love him. Promise and him are getting along pretty well which is nice too! We are in the midst of building a barn for winter, and it seems to be coming along steadily. Yesterday we had a big outside work day where we were able to get quite a lot done for the process. 

We got a kitten in early June. Her name is Willa. She's the cutest, sweetest, funniest little thing and we all have different nicknames for her. She's so little still! But she's caught three or four voles and shrews so far! She's an outside/barn cat but is super friendly and loves following me around while I do the chores, hanging out with the horses (especially riding on Zebedee's back :), and being silly. She and Lucy do not get along but it helps that Lucy is an indoor cat and she's not. 

What have I been baking...chocolate baked doughnuts with chocolate glaze. Really really good!! 

What have I been cooking...kinda. I made our homemade pizza yesterday. For one of them I made a pesto, chicken, mozzarella pizza with a few grape tomatoes on top. It was delicious!!!

What have I been drinking...I made the best homemade iced coffee in July! All you need to do is put a measuring cup of coffee in a bowl or ice cold water for a few minutes to make sure that it doesn't melt your ice cubes/make it watery. Turned out superb, especially with some milk froth on top. 

Thanks for reading and sorry for the lateness! 





No comments:

Post a Comment