Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Life Lately

 Life Lately | September 

    It's that time again! September went by so so fast, but it was really good.

We started school in the beginning of September and so far, it's been okay. I definitely don't have the same love and enthusiasm I usually do, but my favorite class is Creative Writing <3 (it doesn't feel like school:) My least favorite is still the same-math. I'm really a humanities girl, I guess! 

Nothing really big happened this month that I can remember. Except we had a lot of fun football games to go to, one of my favorite things this time of year and my little sister had xc meets. 

Unfortunately, it just kept raining

                                                    and raining 

                                                                    and raining. 

There was a few nice days but mostly it rained. Snow is on the forecast for Mon and Tues, with pretty high percentages and the snow on the mountains have been steadily creeping it's way down the mountain. 

My schedule is so full now! On Sundays we have church and youth service, on Monday Jacob and I have YoungLife, on Tuesday I go hang out at a friend's house all day while my mom and sister are at their homeschool coo-op and then we go to a biblical citizenship class that night, on Friday or Saturday there's usually a football game or xc meet. 

What have I been baking: sadly, not as much as I wanted to! We've been so busy, but I guess all I really did was the baked apples! 

What have I been cooking: I made salmon that everybody actually loved! Most Alaskan kids get tired of eating salmon, so I decided to experiment a little bit and made a honey mustard spice rub for them, and there were no leftovers. It was really fun to experiment, it was really yummy, and it was so fun to have a variety of flavors (I made four different variations). 

What have I been drinking: iced coffee season is winding to a halt, but I'm trying to hold on to it as long as possible.  I have been making caramel brown sugar iced lattes. And they are soooo good. After working as part barista at Sweet Darlings I have loved experimenting with so many different drinks. 

Well, I guess that's all for now! Thanks so much for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment