Sunday, November 6, 2022

It's Crazy

 Saturday morning, I looked out my window and spotted what I thought was Aspen, our dog, just traipsing around the side yard (where she is not allowed). So, I got up and walked to my window and saw that it was in fact a coyote. It was just standing there, looking at our chicken tractor and duck coop. I immediately ran downstairs and told my dad who went out there with a gun. Fortunately, or unfortunately? the coyote ran back into the woods. We had been hearing some yipping for the past few days and I thought I had heard some howling a couple nights ago, just thinking it was coyotes across the lake. So that was a pretty crazy encounter! I don't think I remember ever having a coyote in the yard. Bears, yes. Lynx, yes. But not coyotes, they're pretty elusive. Anyway, this winter is going to be tough, so that's why a lot of animals are more desperate. One of our friends had a bear in her round pen try to get her horses the other day. Also, we had a raven murder a chicken in our coop, which is also fairly strange.

it's not a great picture but here it is


No comments:

Post a Comment