Friday, December 16, 2022

How I Pack [tips for packing]

 We have a vacation coming up soon, so I thought it might be cool if I did a post on how I pack. 

First, I make different columns (for example, clothing, entertainment, toiletries etc) 

Then, I put down everything I might need to pack-or do in preparation-for each column. (for example, hairbrush, toothpaste) 

Next, I narrow down each category. (I don't need to bring this sweatshirt...) 

Finally, I finalize the list...making sure I have everything I need (double, triple check) and checking the weather of where we will be going to plan clothing accordingly. 

If I don't have something I need, I get it. (Whether that be travel toothpaste or more socks) 

Also, I like to see what we will be doing (if we're going to do a hike or just hang out) and plan accordingly for that as well. 

Then I collect everything on the list and pile it in each category. I go through each pile and prepare it for packing (this can involve putting liquids in a bag and rolling/folding clothes). 

Once everything is prepared I like to check that everything is there and then PACK IT :) 

Pack efficiently. What I usually do when we travel is have everything in my backpack and then anything extra (like a pair of shoes or jacket) I put in my sister's suitcase. I tend to travel pretty light. 

Packing efficiently can look like rolling your clothes, putting them in the bottom of your bag in the order that you're going to wear them, putting all your toiletries in a separate bag (this is SO helpful for when you want to freshen yourself up in airport bathroom or something) putting your electronics in a small bag-possibly even putting your entertainment (such as sketch stuff, books etc) in a separate pouch in your bag. STUFF LIKE THAT :^) 

As you can probably tell I like to be very organized about this kind of thing! 

Thanks for reading and hope this helps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment