Saturday, December 17, 2022

Life Lately

 I would like to apologize for not posting this sooner :) 

Life Lately | November 

November was quite busy for me with a few big highlights. 

Undergoing writing a 50,000 word novel in 30 days.

    that took up so so much of my time, but I don't regret it at all. it was so challenging, and sometimes I doubted myself (both as a writer and if I would ever finish). there were no tears, but I tend to internalize tears in that kind of situation. We'll just say there were tears on the inside. But it was so worth it. I was sick the last two days of it unfortunately, but I still felt accomplished and fairly satisfied with the end result. Will I continue to work on this novel? Yes, yes I will. I took a big step away from this project after I completed it. I know a lot of Nano writers use December as their editing time but I knew I needed to have a mental break from thinking about it, and also to get more inspiration. I fully intended to go back through and edit and rewrite portions etc...my goal is to finish it by my birthday! 

Working with our horses. 

    this has taken much time up over the course of the month. Since we are in the process of starting an equine therapy program we really want our horses to be ready, willing, and able to work with children. So we've been working so hard on their manners (no, Zeb, you have to stand...Promise, don't be pushy etc), on their tricks (passing a ball back and forth with Zebedee) and other (kid proofing Promise and her riding manners). Plus, all the chores. It's a lot, but it's also very satisfying. 

School 

    oh school. I love school, I really do, but it is school. So far, math is still a struggle, even though there are lessons that are quite fun that I like. Marine Biology is great. Writing is good. Shakespeare was pretty great. Economics is a bit hard. Latin is easy enough (I'm doing a school year course in one semester, but it's going pretty well). Music and P.E are good. I'm very excited for second semester so I can kind of get new habits in place etc. 

Thanksgiving 

    thanksgiving was very fun. We celebrated with our friends like always. One of the few downsides to Thanksgiving this year was that I was dairy free and relatively corn free, so I had to make separate portions of food for me...but it wasn't a huge deal. I got stuffing which is the best food and made a DF peach pie so I'm all good! :) 

Other

    I have some more allergies again. I figured out that I was reacting to dairy (since it's recurring it wasn't a huge surprise). So I got oat milk. But, I was still reacting to something. So we went to our allergy doctor and he figured out that I was allergic to dairy, oats, oranges and intolerant to corn, chocolate, tomatoes, and pineapple. So, that's something I've been having to work with! 

I was on the Youth Worship Team as well in November. And I was able to be the lead guitarist (instead of having a more experienced guitarist on stage as well), it was really fun and we actually played for church that morning and then youth service that night. 

That's really all to share about! Thanks for reading and again, sorry this is so late! 



No comments:

Post a Comment