Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Allergy Friendly Dessert

 I made a gluten free, dairy free, corn free, oat free delicious dessert recipe yesterday and I thought I would share it here. 

I love chocolate and peanut butter and I really wanted to make something I could stick in the freezer for when there were non allergy friendly desserts. 

There is no "recipe" for this because I eyeballed everything :) 

    Ingredients 

    peanut butter (preferably crunchy) 

    powdered sugar* 

    vanilla extract 

    dairy free chocolate chips (melted with a bit of coconut oil so it's smooth)

*NOTE: most supermarket powdered sugars have a cornstarch as an anti-caking agent. Since I  have a corn allergy, I blended regular granulated sugar till it was fine, then sifted it. You can add tapioca starch if you don't want it to cake. 

    In a bowl combine your peanut butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Beat or mix until all incorporated and not too sticky. Form the peanut butter mixture into balls and stick in the freezer for a few minutes so they are easier to work with. 

    In a microwave safe bowl add dairy free chocolate chips and a dash of coconut oil. Microwave at 10 second intervals, stirring as needed, until smooth, melted, and pourable. 

Coat the peanut butter balls in the melted chocolate and return to freezer or fridge until set. 

That's all. It was so easy to make and quick to pull together and they are SO DELICIOUS! 

I hope you enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment