Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Life Lately

 Life Lately | February 

Oh how the time flies. February went by so fast! 

I am doing National Ocean Science Bowl so my month was full of preparation for that...the competition is on the 3rd-5th of March. 

School is going well, we are so close yet so far from finishing it seems. I'm behind on science tests, math is still a struggle, enjoyed a few Creative Writing movie nights with my class...altogether pretty average. 

I got a haircut! For several years I have only had the every so often trim so the ends were healthy, but on the 22nd I got an actual haircut. They took four inches off the bottom and then did face framing long layers. I really like the way it looks and it feels so much lighter. 

I was sick, which was a huge downer. Lasted from Sunday night till Wednesday. 

Beginning of February is when I realized my caffeine allergy (on the fifth, specifically) so this month has been much more saddening and mornings have lost their appeal. Kind of joking, kind of not. I need to buy decaf so I can still enjoy the taste even though it won't be waking me up. This also means no chocolate (also depressing) and my chocolate cashew milk ice cream I made-it had to go. Life is so cruel :) 

As for goals, I have been slacking a bit. I missed one day in my journaling and it snowballed, along with the days lost from me being sick. I really need to get back into schedule with that. As for working out, I did really well (again, except for when I was sick). I started the Bible Recap with Tara-Leigh Cobble (highly recommend). It's a read through the Bible in a year, chronological plan with corresponding podcasts. It is so good. But, I started on Feb. 6 so I've been trying to catch up and have put my other devotions on the back burner. I'm going to start getting better and more disciplined with this! I've been working with the horses really consistently, so that's been good. Blogging has obviously been going well, as I'm here right now. I've posted almost every day in February which is a big accomplishment for me. 

What have I been cooking? My favorite lunch ever, probably. A Siete brand burrito size tortilla (made mostly from coconut flour), some Ragu pizza sauce, Miyokos dairy free liquid cheese (this is cashew milk, tapioca starch and mushroom extract *chef's kiss*), make a pizza and add peppers, olives, sausage crumbles and onion to the top. I put it in the toaster oven to broil for ten minutes and it's delectable. 

What have I been baking? I made cupcakes with pink frosting for my writing class' movie night...people say they were good but they were not allergy friendly. 

What have I been drinking? Solely water, and not enough of it. After I was sick, it was really hard to get back into a healthy drinking habit. I did five yesterday, which is the bare minimum for me. Hopefully I will get into a better habit with that too! 

What have I been watching? All Creatures Great and Small is our new family favorite and it is so good! 

That is really all for now! I hope you guys enjoyed! And look at me not be late with this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment