Sunday, April 30, 2023

Life Lately | April

 Life Lately | April 

I have a love/hate relationship with April. It feels like forever to the end of school, but it also somehow seems so fast approaching to work season. 

April was a busy month but it was so so fun. 

April first was our one year anniversary of owning Promise, our horse. We celebrated Easter with a big family dinner that went really well! I made lots of good memories with friends, did a bunch of school, wrote a short story, raised money at a YoungLife camp fundraiser, practiced driving a ton, got sick, did more school, figured out what I'm going to do with my life (major in Psychology and get a certification for animal assisted therapy along with minoring in creative writing), went to a tea party hosted by my aunt's church, and helped lead youth worship at church along with many other things. 

It was packed, but probably one of my favorites this year. My 2023 photo album (check THIS POST out to see what I'm talking about) got many more pictures for sure! 

School has been going okay. I wrote my short story for writing class and I think it turned out alright. I somehow got a whole module ahead on science and finally started working on my end of year project for marine biology. Shakespeare rehearsals are going...well? I guess? So close to being done with school (April 27th was our last co-op). 

It has been feeling much more like spring/summer lately and the snow is melting quickly! We had a lot of really warm days, a little rain, and a bit of annoying snow. The days are so much long and the sun has been setting around 10 pm now. 

I've been driving a lot lately, preparing for my driver's test and I learned to parallel park. 

As for my goals. I am failing at journaling everyday :( Blogging has been alright, definitely not as good as last month. I'm on track with my chronological Bible reading plan. I still haven't been able to work with the horses because of snow, but hopefully that will change soon! They have been shedding so much though! My water goal has been okay but not great. Exercising has been awesome (usually 6 times a week) but since I've been sick I haven't so I can recover. 

What have I been cooking? I made my easy, all time favorite: goulash. It's so simple and it tastes amazing! 

What have I been baking? I made vegan cupcakes with my aunt and they turned out really good! I've also been making those protein balls I posted about a lot. 

What have I been drinking? Nothing in particular, just coffee and water and peppermint tea. 

What have I been watching? We finished all creatures great and small and we have started the next season for The Chosen. We also really enjoy watching The Middle on Saturday nights. 

I start work in about two weeks which is insane! I get my license in a little over a month which is also insane. I'm so excited for that! I still have been struggling with allergies but I'm taking a supplement that's supposed to help. Anyway, thanks for reading and hope you have a great day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment