Thursday, May 4, 2023

Baked Apples

 Is it just me or am I leaning toward the fall vibes? Spring and Fall are actually very alike here in Alaska. There's rain and clouds and wind and snow and a few days of sunshine. It's muddy and wet. The trees are bare...but at least there's hope for some warm days ahead now! 

I made baked apples this morning (mainly because they were getting too soft and mushy to enjoy) and they turned out really yummy! I love this as a breakfast or afternoon snack or dessert because it tastes amazing and they are so easy to make. I just combined flour, oats, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl, hollowed out two soft apples (one red, one Granny Smith), filled the hole with the oat mixture and put in my preheated air fryer for about seven minutes with a pat of butter on top. 

They turned out perfectly soft, warm, sweet and with a bit of spice from the cinnamon. I like to use Granny Smith apples the best because they are tangier than red. 

Cheers! 



No comments:

Post a Comment