Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Caramel Iced Coffee

 I decided to try a new recipe for my iced coffee this morning and since it's cold, wet, and rainy I decided to try making a caramel sauce. The sauce was super easy to make ( brought 1/4 cup brown sugar, a dash of vanilla, a pinch of salt, and 1/8 cup heavy cream (I used Silk DF) and one tablespoon of DF butter to a rolling boil and then stuck it in the refrigerator) 

Then I just got my leftover cold coffee and added a bit of macadamia nut milk and ice and shook it up till it was frothy. Then I spread some caramel in a glass and poured the coffee mixture in. 

Overall the process was easy and it looked beautiful, but I wasn't a huge fan. The caramel was a little too sweet and because of the ice the caramel kind of stuck to the side, which I probably should have anticipated, but didn't. I don't think I'll make it again, but it was fun! 

caramel ingredients 

the caramel mixture 

the coffee mixture

finished product!


No comments:

Post a Comment