Tuesday, July 11, 2023

5 Healthy Habits to Pursue this School Year

 It's almost that time of the year again.

Summer has flown by way too quickly and we have had way too few nice days. But I'm excited for the school year, ready for a set schedule and more days at home. 

Here are five healthy habits that you can pursue during the school year. 

1. Hydration - drinking water is so healthy and beneficial...I for one have a hard time of doing it in the summer. During the school year I like to use the rubber band system and usually drink an average of six glasses of water a day (yes, this includes tea!) 

2. Exercise - this one is harder for me in the school year because I like to take hikes and long walks so when the snow, ice, and darkness come around, I can't. But I also can snowshoe, and ski and ice skate...so there's that. I like to workout for thirty to forty five minutes a day and this is also a great brain break during the school day! Get outside for an added bonus!

3. Sleep - sleep is one of the most underrated life changers ever :)  Sleep is so important to your overall health and mood. Getting into a good sleep schedule is a great habit for the school year as well as waking up earlier. Personally, this year, 9:30 bedtime and 5:30 alarm is my goal for the school year. 

4. Limiting Screen Time - it's so easy to fall into a terrible pattern of spending lots of times on screens, whether that be watching TV, scrolling on social media, texting a lot, or online shopping etc. Putting limits on those kinds of things helps with health and productivity a lot. I put on a School Focus on my phone, where only certain notifications will alert me. Some other ways to limit screen time during the school year, are putting your phone in another room, muting it, working for one hour, break for ten minutes...

5. Devotions - Starting your day reading your Bible, praying, memorizing Scripture, listening to worship music, listening to a sermon are all great ways of setting your day off right. This is definitely an important thing to add to your morning routine...and it doesn't have to be complicated or aesthetic, you can even listen to the Bible being read to you! My goal is to have a very consistent daily devotion routine every morning. Make it a priority! 

That's all for now...stay tuned for more Back to School posts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment