Monday, August 7, 2023

BBQ Burger Recipe

 I shared this in my What I Eat for a Day, but I really think it deserves its own post. I've been very fascinated with cooking recently, so when I decided to have the leftover hamburger for lunch I decided to fancy it up a little bit. 

I started out with caramelizing some onions, I chopped about quarter of a yellow onion into thin slices in a small saucepan on medium heat, stirring occasionally. I love caramelizing onions and these were the best ones so far, soft and aromatic and slightly sweet with a beautiful browning. 

In a small pan I melted a bit of butter with bacon bits and chives picked straight from the garden until the bacon was barely sizzling. I put that aside and toasted a burger bun in the same pan, and then reheated the beef patty with some cheddar cheese. 

For assembly I just piled some onions and the bacon chive mixture on top of the cheese on the burger (it was a bit messy), generously applied barbecue sauce and enjoyed. 

Literally, if the beef patty was made from scratch I think this might've been one of my favorite burgers ever. It was smoky with a hint of sweetness and the chives I think really helped it out. Highly recommend!



No comments:

Post a Comment