Friday, September 1, 2023

Life Lately

 Life Lately | August 

Wow! It's been a minute since I've done a Life Lately (or a post in general, sorry!!) Now that summer has been closed (for the most part), I'm excited to start doing these monthly posts. They're one of my favorites. 

Life has been crazy busy and I feel like I'm just getting my schedule figured out. We'll see how this next month goes. 

So, where were we?

August...you've got to love it. August is my second least favorite month, mainly because of the huge amount of tourists finishing off vacation. The first cruise ship docking was May 8 and the last is October 14...it lasts a long time. Mid-September is when things start quieting down a bit more. The bugs and this extremely persistent rain have also made August more difficult. We've gotten so, so much rain. 

Actually, today it's sunny, a welcome relief from the weather. I'm about to go to work and sitting in the library finishing up some homework. I was the first person in here and so I was able to claim my favorite spot. So far one person has been kicked out. 

This month has been busy with my work schedule (just three more days left!!!), hanging out with friends, and preparing for school. 

My friend group has done so well hanging out this summer (mostly because two of them were only up here working for the summer). We went camping, had poker nights, game nights, movie nights, after church Subway get-togethers...the goodbyes at the last football game were so sad. 

Oh yeah, I bought a car! It was a very last-minute decision. The guy selling it dropped the price because he was moving (literally the next morning). My mom, brother, and I drove up to Anchorage around 8 p.m., bought it around 10:30, visited my aunt around 11 p.m., and got home around 1 a.m. It was crazy. He's a white 2007 Rav4 with just a few issues haha. Hopefully, after a brief stay at the body shop, he'll be ready to go :) 

I did a room renovation I have been dreaming about for a decade. I bought wood laminate flooring and tore up my carpet. My bed frame also broke during that process. 

I got a desk! My desk was just way too small, and I knew that this school load was going to require me to have a good study area. So far, I am completely in love with it. 

We said goodbye to all of the puppies. Carson went to a family in Colorado, Daisy went to a family in Seward, Bates went to my aunt and her family, and Sybil (now Shiloh) is ours! We decided to keep her, and so far (besides the normal puppy nonsense), she's been amazing. She's more chill than the others and she loves to snuggle. 

That's all I can think of! Hope you have a great rest of your day, and thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment